The Fund was established to provide on going support to the work OLL does with learners. Literacy is a critical skill set and by supporting the fund donors ensure funding for the work the organization does. This allows the organization to concentrate on its core business.
As for ways to donate.
- Cheques ( there are people out there who still do that!) made out to SCF with OLL or Literacy in the memo line
- Etransfer- the email is email@example.com . If the donors wants a tax receipt they will need to call the office ( 519 332 2588) to let us know as all we get from the bank is that the donation has been made.
- Credit Cards- Visa or MasterCard—those can be in time , quarterly, monthly … Calling the office and having us run the card saves the Foundation money and means more money to the fund.
- Canada Helps ( they take 4%!) https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/id/31203 The 4% is taken off at source so we can only credit the fund with what we get.
The donor needs to scroll down to the funds in the options section BUT they could also write a note in the donation comments and we’ll get it to the right fund. I usually call all donors to thank them so it’s pretty easy to switch on our end if they didn’t find the fund
- Share Transfer or other gifts in kind — call the office for details